Apply For This Job
The Parts Associate represents the company to its customers for the purpose of selling parts and other merchandise. The Parts Associate records and tracks merchandise and maintains the inventory control system. The essential functions of the Parts Associate position include:
- Assist customers by properly identifying needed items through inventory system.
- Resolve customer's needs and problems promptly.
- Make necessary entries to inventory controls systems assuring proper records are kept with current pricing as well as the recording and entering of special orders.
- Promote preventive maintenance service specials and help educate our customers on how they benefit from them.
- Participate in cycle counts.
- Participate in part returns as needed.
- Assist in verifying cost, price, and totals of parts invoices and repair orders.
- Properly track lost sales.
- Maintain knowledge of current product information through bulletins and catalogs.
- Complete required documents before disbursing parts.
- Enter complete and concise information into the inventory control system records.
- Follow proper labeling and handling of defective merchandise.
- Return all unsold merchandise immediately to the correct stock location.
- Document discrepancies between inventory records and shelf quantities and notify parts manager.
- Assist in housekeeping of counters, aisles, shelves, shipping/receiving and warranty areas whenever possible.
- Deliver parts to customers and vendors as directed.
- Keep current on manufacturer's terms, discounts and special programs.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to company safety program at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Six months related work experience
- Ability to set work priorities and work independently in the absence of supervision
- Capable of communicating clearly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
Negotiable - depending upon experience. Excellent benefits - Medical, Dental, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Health Reimbursement, 401(k), Vacation, Holiday, Sick and Personal time. EOE