Apply For This Job
The Service Manager is responsible for managing and directing all aspects of the Service Department in a manner which ensures maximum benefits and profitability to the company. The Service Manager coordinates, motivates, and develops service department staff in effective and efficient operation of the service department. Essential duties for the position include:
- Schedule all service work and assignments for technicians. Oversee work to insure satisfaction for the customers.
- Advise customers of repairs and estimated cost of their repairs.
- Charge out all service tickets, customer, internal and warranty in a timely profitable manner.
- Maintain clean and orderly shop area at all times and lot with correct placement of machinery.
- Maintain and keep current the service library manuals and bulletins.
- Train service technicians and assist when needed.
- Control expenses of service department while maintaining services for customers.
- Prepare and follow a sales and operating budget.
- Conduct regular service department meetings.
- Administer warranty claim procedures for all machines sold.
- Establish and maintain filing and storage system for warranty parts so any warranty necessary for return is on hand.
- Process and update service technician records, i.e. recovery rates.
- Attend any company, store and community functions that will benefit the dealership.
- Strive for innovative improvements that can be incorporated into existing practices.
- Provide programs to insure the productivity of each employee and to upgrade capabilities.
- Assure that employees are cross-trained to ensure adequate coverage for all positions.
- Insure that new machines and machines going out on a demonstration are clean and in "ready to go" condition; that follow-up service is conducted and required.
- Work closely with the parts personnel to insure parts required are available.
- Maintains knowledge of regulations and compliance as it related to USDOT, OSHA, EPA, and EEOC/ADA.
- Ensure every customer is satisfied with the products, services and support of all staff.
- Resolve customer's concerns efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to company safety program at all times.
Additional Customer Service responsibilities include ensuring every customer is satisfied with the products, services and support of all staff, as well as resolving customer concerns efficiently and effectively.
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years related work experience
- Ability to set work priorities and work independently in the absence of supervision
- Strong ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
Negotiable - depending upon experience. Excellent benefits - Medical, Dental, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Health Reimbursement, 401(k), Vacation, Holiday, Sick and Personal time. EOE