Apply For This Job
The Parts Manager directs all aspects for the parts department, coordinating, motivating and developing an effective and efficient parts staff, while ensuring the maximum benefit and profitability for the company. The essential duties of the Parts Manager include:
- Establish department policies and procedures in conjunction with store management.
- Establish realistic sales objectives by category.
- Merchandise and advertise effectively and within budget.
- Establish a competitive parts pricing policy while maximizing grosses.
- Attend any company, store, and community functions that will benefit the dealership.
- Create measures to control costs wherever possible.
- Insure the company receives full value for time and materials purchased.
- Obtain competitive bids and purchase supplies only when necessary.
- Create and adhere to good security measures in purchasing, shipping, receiving, and facilities.
- Oversee inventory and financial transactions associated with the parts department to ensure proper accounting.
- Supervise staff ensuring that all employees have a thorough understanding of their duties and responsibilities.
- Create a plan for cross training all staff.
- Maintain knowledge of regulations and compliance as it relates to USDOT, OSHA, EPA, and EEOC/ADA.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to the company safety program at all times.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Ensure every customer is satisfied with the products, services and support of all staff.
- Resolve customer's concerns efficiently and effectively.
- Promote a positive attitude at all times.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Exhibit Birkey's high level of customer service on a daily basis.
- 2-4 years related experience
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to set work priorities, work independently, and provide direction to others
- Ability to communicate clearly
Negotiable - depending upon experience. Excellent benefits - Medical, Dental, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Health Reimbursement, 401(k), Vacation, Holiday, Sick and Personal time. EOE