Apply For This Job
The Sales Representative presents the company to its customers for the purpose of selling equipment and company services. The Sales Representative maintains profit goals of the company while providing valuable customer service and satisfaction to all customers. The essential functions of the Sales Representative include:
- Contact customers and sell the company's products and service.
- Submit daily call reports, lost sales reports, etc. on a timely basis.
- Maintain sales department vehicles and office equipment.
- Assure all documents associated with sales of whole goods and attachments are properly and totally completed.
- Update yourself daily on changes to manufacturers' terms, discounts, and special programs, sales, deliveries, valuations, and new equipment arrival.
- Attend any company, store and community functions that will benefit the dealership; visit with the customers.
- Insure that new machines and machines going out on a demonstration are clean and in "ready to go" condition; that follow-up service is conducted as required and in line with factory benefits.
- Keep current on product knowledge and benefits of specific machines.
- Keep abreast of competitive activity and competitive products.
- Have a good knowledge of used equipment values and be able to evaluate for trading purposes.
- Assist Sales Manager with field demonstrations.
- Maintain all manuals, price lists, and other documents given by the dealership in a professional and current condition at all times.
- Have a working knowledge of all factory finance plans.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to company safety program at all times.
Customer Service Responsibilities include:
- Ensure every customer is satisfied with the products, services and support of all staff.
- Resolve customer's concerns efficiently and effectively.
- Promote a positive attitude at all times.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Exhibit Birkey's high level of customer service on a daily basis.
- Acknowledge appreciation of clients and customer.
- Previous experience with Ag Equipment preferred.
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- Two to four years related work experience.
- Ability to set work priorities and work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Capable of communicating clearly.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
Required experience: Large Equipment Sales: 3 years
Required license or certification: Current Driver's License
Required education: Associate degree
Negotiable - dependent upon experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, short & long term disability, health reimbursement, 401(k), vacation, holiday, sick and personal time. EOE
Job Type: Full-time